How To Order
Are you ready to place an order?
Bookstore Policy is to NOT ship textbooks to a Marquette City Address or N.M.U. Dorm Room. Please call textbook office for more information 227-1129 or 888-458-8668.
In store pickup option is now available for a $5 non refundable fee. Orders placed by midnight can be picked up after Noon the following business day. Orders need to be picked up within 72 hours. Pickup is at the textbook service counter in the back of the bookstore.
The NMU Bookstore is the most convenient, simple way to order textbooks, university apparel and souvenir items online. To order, click on the Shop or Textbook tabs and browse our catalog sections for items that may be of interest to you.
A customer's order is considered an offer to purchase and acceptance of the offer does not take place until the customer's credit card has been charged and the order is shipped. The Bookstore is not responsible for pricing errors and will not honor them.
If a requested item is out of stock, we will notify you immediately.
Remember, as you're shopping on-line, customers are also shopping in the store. Stock numbers are not immediately adjusted following each transaction so an item that appears to be available when ordered on-line may already be out-of-stock when we receive your order. You will be contacted if this happens.
Method of Payment
We accept VISA, MasterCard or Discover as payment for online orders. A student may charge textbooks to their student account if in good financial standing with the University.
Your order will be shipped by UPS or the U.S. Postal Service (your choice). Street addresses are needed for UPS shipments. UPS Next Day Air or 2nd Day Air will ship on all orders received at the Bookstore before 1 pm EST. There is no air service for orders shipped within the Upper Peninsula.
Please Note: Our shipping charges apply to shipments within the United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii). Charges for shipments to these states and any foreign country will be determined by rates in effect at the time of order.
Refunds or Exchanges
We understand that every penny counts when you're getting through school. We will be happy to issue refunds under the following conditions:
- Books MUST be in new/original condition & components must be unopened.
- Fall & Winter Semester: During the 1st week of the semester, present a sales receipt and ID. During the 2nd and 3rd week of the semester, present a sales receipt, proof of drop, and ID.
- Summer & Other sessions: Present a sales receipt, proof of drop, and ID within a week after the class begins.
- After the refund period, texts will be purchased at fair market value during the scheduled buyback opportunity.
- If clothing/gift items need to be returned or exchanged, with sales receipt, not washed or worn, with tags, and within 10 days.
- General book (e.g. novels, children's books, self help books, etc.) and software are NOT returnable.
- Shipping charges are NOT refundable.
For your peace of mind, our secure online ordering process features encrypted order forms. In addition, we have taken steps to protect you and your online purchasing power-see what we have done by clicking on "Security."
"Still not comfortable ordering online?" Dial 1-888-458-8668 (toll free) to order directly with the Bookstore.