Buyback Policies & Procedures
We buy books every day!
Sell Your Books
Bookstore Buyback Policy
Your Bookstore makes it a priority to obtain the highest possible payment for your used books. Please bear in mind that the buyback payment is governed by the price quoted by the wholesalers, the general condition of the book, and whether or not the books will be used on this campus the next session.
In general, if your used book is in good condition, you can expect:
- 50% of the new price for current edition textbooks that will remain in use during the following school session, and are needed by the Bookstore.
- 10% - 33% of the new price for current edition textbooks that will be discontinued the next session. The Bookstore will represent the used book wholesale company and buy your books for them.
The best time to sell your books back is at the end of the current school session.
To sell your used books, you do not need your sales receipt. Identification is required. Please do not carry books into the Bookstore.
If you are unable to bring your books to the NMU Bookstore, please call 1-888-458-8668 to arrange buyback by mail.
Regular Buyback Hours:
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Summer Buyback Hours:
Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Reasons affecting book buy back value:
- The publisher has a new edition and the old edition has no value.
- Bookstore is currently overstocked.
- The faculty member has not indicated which book will be used.
- Book is too ragged and in poor condition to be restored.
- Book has limited nationwide demand.
- Software accompanying the book may not be reusable.